Monday, August 27, 2012

Hello World!

Hello out there!

Firstly, I want to say thank you for stopping by! This is my grand entrance into the Blogging world!! I have been wanting to start a blog for sometime now but, and I think most Moms out there will relate when I say, 'I had no time'!!! After thinking about doing this for many months, I finally started today while my two little ones took a nap. Thank God for nap time :)

So what will you find in my blog?

This blog is aimed to provide you with tidbits of random information, resources, product reviews, tips, stories and ideas for the household, whether it is cooking, parenting, travel, keeping house... and just living life.

About Me

I was married in 2006 and we have two little girls. My oldest, Mini-V, turned two this summer.  She is hilarious, clever and the sweetest, most polite child I have seen. Yes, I am biased, but it is true!!  She loves to dance, talks incessantly, hates to eat and spent her first year pooping and vomiting on everything in sight.

My second baby was born earlier this year, and the heavens shined on me when I had Buttercup.  In case you are wondering, these are pseudonyms and I did NOT name my daughter Buttercup!!! The reason I say the heavens shined on my is because she spent the first five months of her life just eating and sleeping. Nothing else. Not crying, not fussy, not having a myriad of bodily function explosions (like her sister). She was like the baby you see in movies that just falls asleep on your shoulder. Things have changed a little now that she is almost seven months. She cries more, her poops stink and are voluminous and she likes to yank out my hair by its follicles. She is still an angel though.

Mini-V adooooores Buttercup.  I am so happy. They spend most of the day hugging and kissing each other (well, Mini-V does the kissing and Buttercup responds by yanking her hair). This was the reason I was so thrilled when I heard I was having a second daughter. I always envisioned two little girls, best friends, sidekicks etc etc. I really hope they continue being close.

My husband Super-J is a great help, I am incredibly lucky. Even despite working at best 14 hours a day, he still comes home and is super-dad. Did I mention I was lucky? Sometimes he doesn't have a choice because the moment he gets home, Mini-V wraps herself around his leg. If you ever looked up "Daddy's Girl" in the dictionary, it would probably have my daughter's photo alongside the definition. More than once a week, I feel bad for Super-J. I remember the pre-stay-at-home-Mom days when I worked long hours and I know the last thing I would want to do when I came home from work would be change diapers or play hide-and-seek but he does this whenever he is home before the children's bedtime. I am blessed!

Well, we live in middle-America though I was not born or raised here. So if I revert to the English spellings of words, please forgive me. Super-J already mocks me when I say "schedule". The other tidbit is that I lost my amazing mother when Mini-V was four weeks old so periodically, I will share information related to loss, grief, motherless mothering etc. I think about my Mom everyday, she was truly amazing and very accomplished. She was one of those people who could master anything she tried. She really was gifted.

Well, once again I thank you for taking the time to stop by and check out my blog. I hope you stay and linger and watch how this blog develops.

Happy blogging y'all!






2 comments:

  1. Your blog is relevant, refreshing, and hilarious! I am looking forward to reading your posts and welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - thanks for reading and your words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete