Friday, August 31, 2012

So if anyone is keeping track...

...I cleaned up vomit FOUR times within a 48-hour time frame. Gross. I hope today is vomit-free!! Here's the re-cap:

1. Buttercup vomited when I was putting her to bed on Tuesday night. She drank her bottle and looked like she was struggling through her burp. I continued trying to burp her when the volcano erupted. Casualties included one teddy bear who had to be thrown up from being in the direct line of fire. The glider and carpet also looked a little worse for wear after that episode

2. I always bathe Mini-V before her afternoon nap on Wednesdays, as she has her weekly Gymnastics class and that place kinda smells foul.  Lately, she has developed an intense (and frightening) fear of the drain, so needless to say, when she had her afternoon bath, she screamed and screamed during rinse-off. The screaming became hyperventilation... and then spluttering lunch vomit. Requiring an unnecessarily torturous prolonged bath in her case. Poor child was so upset, she vomited her entire Happy Meal lunch and milk.

3. That same Wednesday evening, I put Buttercup to bed and a short while later she started crying. Usually she will settle herself but it was getting progressively louder so I went up to look. I opened the door and the smell of vomit wafted over. I approached the crib and my left foot stepped in something wet. When I got on my hands and knees to look, I discovered a distinctly odorous drip trickling down the crib railing and into a little puddle on her rug. I then found vomit in the crib, on her sleep sack, on her, in her hair. Hmm... another bath for the day (the third I had given that day) and probably my sixth load of laundry for the week. 

4. I made the huge mistake of offering Buttercup her first whole piece of broccoli after she had eaten a jar of store baby food and a small bowl of homemade pureed pears. Completely my fault and rookie mistake that I should have known better.  She was doing great on the broccoli until she gaged - which I might add is a perfectly natural response to Baby Led Weaning - and so understandably, she vomited. All. Over. The. Highchair.  I took the entire high chair apart and yup, another bath! And another load of laundry.



Please wish me well for tonight, let's hope it is vomit-free!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment