Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Product Review: GAP Favorite Printed Bundler


Well, I bought this GAP bundler sleep sack (retails for USD$39.95) for Buttercup as she is well and truly in the 6-12 month sizing now and it is getting cooler at nighttime.

I give this product a 2/5 and would not recommend it.

PROS

The 100% cotton fabric is plush and soft, very cute design and Buttercup seems to be very comfortable in it.  She is easily able to move in the sleep sack and her ability to roll during the night whilst in the bundler is not at all impeded by the constraints of the design.

CONS

Well, the bundler is a little pricey to begin with, though I did get free shipping as I had other items in my shopping cart and GAP does offer free shipping on orders over $50. The biggest beef I have is the zip is the biggest pain to fasten.  Anyone who puts their baby in a sleep sack for bed understands it when I say that the chances of putting the baby in it when he or she is asleep, or even drowsy or very tired, is very high.  With this variable in the mix, the last thing I really want to do is spend 5 minutes wrestling with a stiff, delicate zipper that is surely not only going to disrupt my baby but probably wake her too - not to mention irritate her either.

I really don't think the zipper issue I have has anything at all to do with the bundler being a new product. I don't expect the zipper to suddenly glide more smoothly.  I have taken a close look at the product and I really believe it is a design error.  I think the plush, padded cotton bundler is just too thick for the delicate zipper GAP has chosen to use.  Even though it may not have looked as nice, a hardier and more durable zip would have made the product far more better to use.

It really is a shame that the zip lets down my review of the product but it is a big problem because the whole point of the bundler is to put the baby to sleep in it - not wake the baby! If they changed this design element, I would give the product a much higher rating - possibly a 5/5.

1 comment:

  1. I really love your website.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you develop this website yourself?
    Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my own personal site and would like to know where you got this from or exactly what the theme is called. Many thanks!

    Also visit my weblog; Buy Elevate GF

    ReplyDelete