Sunday, September 9, 2012

Family Photographs - tips and information

Seven months ago, we had our second baby and we have still not had a single photo taken as a family of four. In fact, I am always finding myself on the other end of the camera.  I am really keen to have a nice family photo taken this Fall - one that we can use for our Holiday cards.



Here are my hopes for our family photos:
  • keep it simple and casual
  • try to time it right with the children's "best times" - avoiding meltdowns, meals and naps. 
  • Aim to co-ordinate our outfits but not match. Also aim to fit the season we will be shooting in
  • Keep the energy positive and natural. I really want to just capture the moment and not have the photos coming out contrived or fake
  • Keep the background and location interesting and fresh, but I don't want it to detract from the subject matter of the photos - US!!
  • I am hoping to use a photographer we already know and trust, that the girls will be comfortable with and hopefully we can get some sort of package deal to keep the cost low.


Resources:





1 comment:

  1. I do not leave many remarks, however i did some searching and wound
    up here "Family Photographs - tips and information".
    And I do have 2 questions for you if you usually do not mind.
    Is it just me or does it look like a few of these comments come across like they are written by brain dead visitors?

    :-P And, if you are writing at other sites, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Could you list of every one of all your shared sites like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Also visit my web-site - Be your own boss

    ReplyDelete