Sunday, September 9, 2012

Toddlers and Balls

I have just realized that having a toddler in the house means you live in a house of balls. I mean, literally.

I am constantly stepping on balls, finding them in the most obscure places, not to mention that I have to play dodge ball everyday - balls are whizzing by me all the time.  Mummy, catch!

I wonder, am I alone? Surely not because I see that Mini-V's 2 year-old friends are just as ball-obsessed as she is. They gravitate to them like it's some sort of baby crack. So today I decided to do a stocktake and actually walk through the main floor of the house, counting and documenting all the balls I found. I did not expect to find so many!!! There were TEN balls randomly placed on my first floor. I didn't even know I owned 10 balls. Here they are:

Ball 1: Next to the oven
Ball 2: Next to the couch in the living room

Ball 3: Under the Piano
Ball 4: in the corner next to the living room fireplace

Ball 5: in the foyer (and damaged by little teeth)

Ball 6: at the front door
Ball 7: in the kitchen

Ball 8: in the breakfast nook by the deck door

Balls 9: caught and grouped in a carrying case on the coffee table (this one is really cute to watch being toted around!)
Balls 10: in the play tent


2 comments:

  1. That is HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I look at these pictures, I laugh too!! I should have scanned the back yard because there were 3 balls out there too!!

    ReplyDelete